Every year schools across New South Wales are invited to participate in Operation Art, an initiative of The Children’s Hospital at Westmead in association with the New South Wales Department of Education. The Operation Art program provides a forum for schools and students to demonstrate their visual arts achievements through exhibitions at the Armory Gallery, Sydney Olympic Park and the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
ENTRIES FOR 2020 WILL OPEN IN FEBRUARY -
Entries for 2019 now closed
Conditions of entry- Please read carefully before submitting an entry:
Curatorial Brief "As some exhibited works will eventually be hung at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead, we ask that special consideration be given to ensure that the artwork submitted is uplifting and does not contain material that could be considered culturally sensitive in nature". Ivy Baddock, Art Curator, The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Entries for Operation Art are only accepted from NSW schools
- Each school may submit up to four artworks from any student in Kindergarten - Year 10
- For collaborative works, a maximum of four students per work may contribute to creating the entry.
- Size: Minimum A4 (30 x 21cm), maximum A2 (42 x 60cm), maximum depth 5mm. Please note: we are unable to frame works that are deeper than this limit.
- for Government Schools is $95 each artwork (inc GST),
- for non Government Schools is $135 each artwork (inc GST).
- ALL payments from schools https://www.artsunit.nsw.edu.au/teacher/payment
- All artworks framed and exhibited at Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday the 14th September, 2019.
- 10,000 visitors view the exhibition.
- 150 works are selected for further exhibition opportunities including 50 selected for a tour series and then given to the Children's Hospital at Westmead.
- Gives students real purpose for their artmaking - creating art to help children in hospital.
- Start your own gallery at school when the framed works are returned to you.
- Provide broader public recognition for your creative students.
- All students receive printed certificates, invitations and catalogues.
- Come and be treated like a star artist at the Sydney Olympic Park opening day event.
Creating your work:
How it Happens: