Every year schools across New South Wales are invited to participate in Operation Art, an initiative of The Children’s Hospital at Westmead in association with the New South Wales Department of Education. The Operation Art program provides a forum for schools and students to demonstrate their visual arts achievements through exhibitions at the Armory Gallery, Sydney Olympic Park and the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
ACCEPTING ENTRIES FOR 2021 Now! - CLOSING DATE 31 May,2021
Non government schools registration: https://www.artsunit.nsw.edu.au/non-government-login-details
Below is a link to The Arts Unit digital engagement site, which will provide you with some online resource ideas for creating artworks for this years' Operation Art Exhibition.
Conditions of entry- Please read carefully before submitting an entry:
Curatorial Brief "As some exhibited works will eventually be hung at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead, we ask that special consideration be given to ensure that the artwork submitted is uplifting and does not contain material that could be considered culturally sensitive in nature". Ivy Baddock, Art Curator, The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Entries for Operation Art are only accepted from NSW schools
- Each school may submit up to four artworks from any student in Kindergarten - Year 10
- For collaborative works, a maximum of four students per work may contribute to creating the entry.
- Size: Minimum A4 (30 x 21cm), maximum A2 (42 x 60cm), maximum depth 5mm. Please note: we are unable to frame works that are deeper than this limit. Please do not laminate works. Please do not use Blue Tac on works.
- for Government Schools is $95 each artwork, This will be Direct Debited from your School
- for non Government Schools is $135 each artwork (inc GST). Please use payment portal link:https://open.artsunit.nsw.edu.au/teacher/payment
- All artworks framed and exhibited at Sydney Olympic Park from September, 2021.
- 10,000 visitors view the exhibition.
- 150 works are selected for further exhibition opportunities including 50 selected for a tour series and then given to the Children's Hospital at Westmead.
- Gives students real purpose for their artmaking - creating art to help children in hospital.
- Start your own gallery at school when the framed works are returned to you.
- Provide broader public recognition for your creative students.
- All students receive printed certificates, invitations and catalogues.
- Come and be treated like a star artist at the Sydney Olympic Park opening day event.
Submit Your Works:
- Download an Artwork release form for each Artwork: ARTWORK RELEASE FORM
- Using supportive packaging post Artworks with ART WORK RELEASE FORM paper clipped to the back.
- Write in pencil on the back of each work : - student name, - year and school.
- Post Artworks to:
Operation Art - The Arts Unit Corner Toothill St & The Boulevarde, Lewisham NSW 2049
- Every School to fill in the online entry here: Government schools https://theartsunit.force.com/s/event/a0Z5K0000008cne Non Government schools https://www.artsunit.nsw.edu.au/non-government-login-details
- PAYMENT: - All government schools will be Direct Debited - NON gov schools must pay via the payment link https://open.artsunit.nsw.edu.au/teacher/payment
Creating your work:
How it Happens: