The Arts Unit provides a state wide infrastructure for arts education. It delivers programs in dance, drama, music, visual arts, debating, public speaking, reading, spelling and special events. Its priorities are:
- Creating learning experiences which complement and extend local school and network programs
- Building capacity to deliver arts education through targeted teacher professional learning
- Providing high profile performance, exhibition and competition opportunities.
Annually more than 44,000 students and 6,000 teachers directly participate in The Arts Unit’s programs and an additional 433,000 students access these programs.
How do I get involved?
- Read the information on each program
- Complete and return a nomination form for a program or activity
- Contact the relevant program coordinator
- Sign up to our Newsletter
- Join us on Facebook
How to contact us
Cnr Toothill Street and The Boulevarde
LEWISHAM, NSW 2049
Locked Bag 3003
SUMMER HILL, NSW, 2130)
Telephone: 02 8512 1100
Find out more about The Arts Unit and the state-wide model of support for schools
Behaviour Code For Students
All students participating in The Arts Unit activities are expected to abide by the Behaviour Code For Students.