Premier's Spelling Bee 2021
Entries for the Premier's Spelling Bee are now open to all NSW public primary schools. Follow this link for portal access.
How to enter
- From the portal, elect 'Apply for program' on the right-hand side and follow the prompts. Your application will be sent to your principal for approval.
- Once approved you and your principal will receive the word lists' password.
- Once you have applied, you can add regional finalist student names up until 26 July.
- Go to your application, and select 'Create' under 'Participants' on the right-hand side.
Note: The wordlist password will be available upon principal approval.
2021 wordlists - follow the hyperlinks below
Premier's Spelling Bee information
The Premier's Spelling Bee will be going ahead in 2021 in an altered format to previous year's competitions.
Junior Spelling Bee – Year 3 and Year 4 NSW public school students
- Senior Spelling Bee – Year 5 and Year 6 NSW public school students
In 2021, schools can enter one student in each of the junior and senior competitions.
The regional finals will be held online using video technology.
- The state finals will be held at the ABC studios on Friday 29 October 2021.
Key dates for 2021
School entries open Monday 19 April – Term 2 Week 1
School entries close Friday 25 June – Term 2 Week 10
Regional finalist name submissions close Monday 26 July – Term 3 Week 3
Regional finals online 23 August to 3 September – Term 3 Week 7 and Week 8
State finals live or online Friday 29 October – Term 4 Week 4
If you require further information, please email the Spelling Bee team.