2019 Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange
The selected artworks from NSW Public Schools are exhibited in Nagoya, Japan along with works by students in Nagoya, Sydney, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Reims, Turim and Ninjing.
Please note that students' works selected for the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange will not be returned. Their schools will instead receive an exchange of artwork from the exhibition in Nagoya and a certificate celebrating the selection of their artwork.
Teachers are invited to nominate a maximum of four outstanding K-12 student artworks that would be suitable for consideration for the “Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange”.
2019 Nominations close Friday 16 August
All works submitted for nomination in the Nagoya Art Exchange are required to meet the following requirements:
· Artworks must be NO SMALLER than A4 (210mm x 297mm) and NO LARGER than (500mm x 350mm) in size. Works that are outside these dimensions cannot be accepted for exhibitions.
· Framed or mounted artworks or artworks on a stretched canvas will not be accepted.
· Artworks with earthy matter e.g. sand, feathers etc will not be selected due to export regulations.
· Artworks may be horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait).
· Student artists must be enrolled at a public school in New South Wales in any class from Kindergarten to Year 12 in the year of entry and the artwork must solely be the work of the student or group of students.
· The nomination forms need to be accompanied by a colour photo (standard or digital) of the nominated artwork. Photos of all the pieces of a Body of Work only need to be sent. Do not send the actual artwork.
· The photos of the nominated artworks will be viewed by a selection panel for inclusion of the artworks in the exhibition. The decisions of the selection panel are final.
· Schools will be informed by August 23 of the successful nominations.
· Successful nominated artwork is then due by September 6
For more information, contact the Department of Education, Level 2, 37 Carrington Ave Dubbo 2830 or email email@example.com.