Applications for the 2019 Schools Spectacular open FRIDAY 1 FEBRUARY
Applying for Schools Spectacular - General Information
1. Select the category you wish to apply for.
2. You must submit one online form for each application.
3. Submit your application before the closing date:
INDIVIDUAL APPLICATIONS EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 22 MARCH
- GROUP APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Thursday 11 April
4. Ensure you receive a reply email confirming your application has been received.
5. If you applying to be a Featured Artist, Backing Vocalist, for a Featured Dance Ensemble, Core Choir or VET Entertainment Industry Work Placement your application will automatically generate a PDF form that will be emailed to you. This form is to be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must have your Principal's signature on it for your application to be accepted.
6. School groups will be notified of the outcome of their application by June
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be submitted online (see links below)
Online Video Auditions
Most categories require you to submit an audition video. Submit these online using an online video sharing service such as Vimeo or YouTube. Copy and paste the link to your video into your online application form.
Ensure your video is marked as 'unlisted' or provide us with the password if you mark it as private.
If we do not receive you video or are unable to view it, we will get in contact with you.
- All students at the Schools Spectacular must be supervised at all times by a teacher. Schools must provide a supervising teacher for all Combined Dance, Combined Choir, Aboriginal Dance Ensemble, D'Arts Ensemble, VET crew, Combined Drama Ensemble and Featured Ensemble groups. Each group will require their own supervising teacher even if they are from the same school. Relief for supervising teachers is the responsibility of the school.
- Teachers are encouraged to provide active supervision at all times and assist choreographers at rehearsals and production team staff during show week.
- At this stage in the process, all communication for the Schools Spectacular takes place via email. Check your email regularly to avoid missing any important information.
- If successful, teachers will be required to download the Schools Spectacular app for the most up-to-date information and regular reminders and alerts.
- Additional information will be available via a fortnightly VLOG which will provide tips, tricks, information and advice for teachers.