The auditions are held throughout the state as part of Area Drama Festivals. A selection of items from these Festivals are chosen to perform. If you are a teacher and will like to be part of the Selection Panel, please click on the link below.
How to be Involved:
• School Nomination - applications open JUNE 2018
• Selection Panel - applications are now CLOSED
• Production Team - applications open JUNE 2018
Schools please click on the link to read the Nomination Guidelines for entry requirement.
Dates & Times:
Thursday 25 and Friday 26 October 2018
• Matinee performances at 11.00am every day
• Evening performances at 7.30pm every night
Everest Theatre in the Seymour Centre, corner of Cleveland Street & City Road, Chippendale
• Tickets for schools go on sale Monday 14 August 2018, please download the Schools Booking Form
• General admission tickets go on sale Tuesday 15 August 2018, please contact the Seymour Centre Box Office directly on 9351 7940 or Seymour Centre Online
Successful nominated schools will need to download the Teachers Pack (please click on the link) and return by Monday 3 September 2018. Please click on the Technical Rehearsal Schedule for your rehearsal dates and times. You can also download the Festival Running Order to know when you will be performing.
Teachers can book their students into drama workshops held at the Seymour Centre for primary and secondary students who are part of the matinee audiences.
• To book school groups, please click on the link.
• To book individual primary students or individual secondary students (not attending with a school group) please click on the links.
School Participation Fee:
A participation fee of $100 per school will be direct debited to schools after the State Drama Festival.
Rural & Remote Subsidy:
As part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education's Rural and Remote Education blueprint for action, we are excited to be able to offer a Participation Subsidy to schools from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Festival. Please note: If interest exceeds available funds, allocation of the Participation Subsidy will be prioritised based on remoteness. Subsidies will be confirmed with acceptance notification.
Risk Assessments and Procedures:
State Drama Festival 2018 Risk Assessment; Seymour Centre Evacuation Procedure; Seymour Centre Emergency Evacuation Procedure for FOH 2011; Safety Alert 35 Anaphylaxis Safety Alert; Student Behaviour Code
Further enquiries relating to the State Drama Festival should be directed to Jane Simmons or phone 8512 1175.
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page:
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Drama opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hub resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.