The NSW Public Schools State Drama Festival celebrates classroom drama achievements of students in Years K-12.This event is a two day celebration of Drama works showcasing strong Drama outcomes in classrooms from across the state. Over 600 students participate in a range of dramatic styles.
Performance Dates & Times:
Thursday 24 and Friday 25 October 2019
• Matinee performances @ 11.00am (designed especially for school groups, must be accompanied by a teacher)
• Evening performances @ 7.30pm (every night)
Venue: Seymour Centre, Everest Theatre - Chippendale
• School Group Tickets go on sale in September.
• General Admission Tickets go on sale in September please contact the Seymour Centre Box Office directly on 9351 7940 or Seymour Centre Online.
Booking Drama Workshops for Students:
To accompany the 2019 State Drama Festival, The Arts Unit will run specialist Drama workshops led by professional practitioners from our Festival partners, NIDA. These workshops will be held before and after the 2019 Drama Festival Primary Schools Matinee on Thursday 25 October and Friday 26 October at the Seymour Centre and are open to interested Primary and Secondary school students.
• To book school groups, please use the Schools Booking Form that will be available online when bookings open.
• To book Drama Ensemble Students, please use the Student Booking Form that will be available online when bookings open.
• To book individual primary students (not attending with a school group) please use the Primary Workshop Booking Form - Individual that will be available online when bookings open.
• To book individual secondary students (not attending with a school group) please use the Secondary Workshop Booking Form - Individual that will be available online when bookings open.
2018 Festival T-Shirt Design
State Drama Festival Stall (T-Shirts and Programs)
School Groups and Ensemble Members pre-ordering has now closed.
You can purchase T-shirts and Programs in the foyer at the Seymour Centre
The stall will be open 30 minutes prior to each performance & during the interval
$5 Festival Programs
$25 Festival T-Shirts
More information on our limited edition T-shirt design will be available in September
Successful nominated schools will need to download the Teachers Acceptance Package, Technical Rehearsal Schedule and State Drama Fetsival Running Order.
All of these documents will be available online in Term 3 for Teachers to know when their school will be rehearsing and performing.
School Participation Fee:
A participation fee of $100 per school will be direct debited to schools after the State Drama Festival.
Rural & Remote Subsidy:
In 2018 as part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education's Rural and Remote Education blueprint for action, we were able to offer a Participation Subsidy to schools from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Festival. We are aiming to be able to offer this again. Please note: If interest exceeds available funds, allocation of the Participation Subsidy will be prioritised based on remoteness. Subsidies will be confirmed with acceptance notification.
Risk Assessments and Procedures:
State Drama Festival 2019 Risk Assessment; Seymour Centre Evacuation Procedure; Seymour Centre Emergency Evacuation Procedure for FOH 2011; Seymour Centre Schools Risk Assessment Information; Safety Alert 61 Anaphylaxis Safety Alert; Safety Alert 67 Changes to EpiPen Instructions; Student Behaviour Code; Deed of Consent for Participation & Student Behaviour Code
How to be Involved:
• Production Team (applications are now closed)
• School Item Nomination (applications are now closed)
• Selection Panel (applications are now closed)
Schools please click on the link to read the Nomination Guidelines for entry requirement.
The auditions are held throughout the state as part of Area Drama Festivals. A selection of items from these Festivals are chosen to perform.
2018 NSW Public Schools State Drama Festival
To watch the full performance of the 2018 NSW PUBLIC SCHOOLS STATE DRAMA FESTIVAL
Click on the links below
Further enquiries relating to the State Drama Festival should be directed to email@example.com or phone 8512 1175.
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page:
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Drama opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hub resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.