The NSW Public Schools State Drama Festival celebrates classroom drama achievements of students in Years K-12.This event is a two day celebration of Drama works showcasing strong Drama outcomes in classrooms from across the state. Over 600 students participate in a range of dramatic styles.
The 2019 NSW Public Schools State Drama Festival will be held on Thursday 24 October 2019 and Friday 25 October 2019
Further details will be released on the website closer to the time, please see 2018 Festival information below as a reference.
Please also see the 2018 State Drama Festival Gallery HERE
2018 NSW PUBLIC SCHOOLS STATE DRAMA FESTIVAL INFORMATION
WATCH THE FULL PERFORMANCE
Click on the links below
Performance Dates & Times:
Thursday 25 and Friday 26 October 2018
• Matinee performances @ 11.00am (designed especially for school groups, must be accompanied by a teacher)
• Evening performances @ 7.30pm (every night)
Venue: Seymour Centre, Everest Theatre - Chippendale
• School Group Tickets go on sale Monday 10 September, please download the Schools Ticket Order Form.
• General Admission Tickets go on sale Monday 10 September, please contact the Seymour Centre Box Office directly on 9351 7940 or Seymour Centre Online.
Booking Drama Workshops for Students:
To accompany the 2018 State Drama Festival, The Arts Unit will run specialist Drama workshops led by professional practitioners from our Festival partners, NIDA. These workshops will be held before and after the 2018 Drama Festival Primary Schools Matinee on Thursday 25 October and Friday 26 October at the Seymour Centre and are open to interested Primary and Secondary school students.
• To book school groups, please use the Schools Booking Form
• To book Drama Ensemble Students, please use the Ensembles Booking Form
• To book individual primary students (not attending with a school group) please use the Primary Workshop Booking Forms - Individual
• To book individual secondary students (not attending with a school group) please use the Secondary Workshop Booking Forms - Individual
State Drama Festival Stall (T-Shirts and Programs)
School Groups and Ensemble Members pre-ordering has now closed.
You can purchase T-shirts and Programs in the foyer at the Seymour Centre
The stall will be open 30 minutes prior to each performance & during the interval
$5 Festival Programs
$25 Festival T-Shirts
For more information on our limited edition T-shirt design, please click HERE
Successful nominated schools will need to download the Teachers Acceptance Package
Technical Rehearsal Schedule for schools rehearsal dates and times.
State Drama Festival Running Order to know when your school will be performing.
School Participation Fee:
A participation fee of $100 per school will be direct debited to schools after the State Drama Festival.
Rural & Remote Subsidy:
As part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education's Rural and Remote Education blueprint for action, we are excited to be able to offer a Participation Subsidy to schools from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Festival. Please note: If interest exceeds available funds, allocation of the Participation Subsidy will be prioritised based on remoteness. Subsidies will be confirmed with acceptance notification.
Risk Assessments and Procedures:
State Drama Festival 2018 Risk Assessment; Seymour Centre Evacuation Procedure; Seymour Centre Emergency Evacuation Procedure for FOH 2011; Seymour Centre Schools Risk Assessment Information; Safety Alert 61 Anaphylaxis Safety Alert; Safety Alert 67 Changes to EpiPen Instructions; Student Behaviour Code; Deed of Consent for Participation & Student Behaviour Code
How to be Involved:
• Production Team (applications are now closed)
• School Item Nomination (applications are now closed)
• Selection Panel (applications are now closed)
Schools please click on the link to read the Nomination Guidelines for entry requirement.
The auditions are held throughout the state as part of Area Drama Festivals. A selection of items from these Festivals are chosen to perform.
Further enquiries relating to the State Drama Festival should be directed to email@example.com or phone 8512 1175.
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page:
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Drama opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hub resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.