NSW Public Schools State Drama Camp
The commencement of the 2021 drama programs will be contingent on advice provided by the NSW Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health.
Activities for all programs currently have to adhere to current DoE COVID-19 restrictions.
Each year the NSW Public School State Drama Camp is open for Year 11 drama students. Workshops are led by industry specialists and exemplary teachers from NSW Public Schools. The camp is fully catered with a healthy menu and accommodation is in modern heated carpeted cabins and rooms at the Eleanora Heights Conference Centre.
The State Drama Camp will be held from Sunday 20 June to Thursday 24 June 2021.
• High potential Year 11 drama students who are currently studying drama at school, who have not attended a State Drama Camp previously and need to extend their skills through a series of intensive workshops.
• There is a limit of 6 students from each school.
• This camp is for students seeking to build on their current experiences in drama to enhance their skills and knowledge.
• Preference for selection of tutors will be given to teachers who are currently teaching the Drama Preliminary and HSC courses.
Applications close on Friday 21 May.
• The program covers all major aspects of drama and includes workshop sessions led by exemplary teachers and specialists from the performing arts industry.
• Workshops sessions offered include set design, costume design, scriptwriting, individual performance, circus, physical theatre, devising, script Interpretation, advanced acting skills, voice and accents.
• Active involvement, development of skills and enjoyment are key
outcomes of participation at camp.
• Zeal Theatre Australia will perform after dinner on Monday 21 June.
• Students will attend the professional theatrical production of
Come From Away on Sunday 20 June.
Workshop options will be released in early Term 2.
$550 metro and non-metro students
$450 regional and remote students
Rural and remote subsidy
The Arts Unit offers a participation subsidy of $100 to students from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Camp. This subsidy has been applied to the costs above.