How To Be Involved
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN IN APRIL 2020
Each year the NSW Public School State Drama Camp is open for Year 11 Drama students and teachers who attend a NSW Public School. This camp is fully catered with a healthy menu and accommodation is in modern heated carpeted cabins/rooms at the Eleanora Heights Conference Centre.
The 2019 State Drama Camp was held from Sunday 30 June - Thursday 4 July 2019.
For full details see below:
Student and Staff Eligibility:
• Talented Year 11 Drama students who are currently studying drama at school, who have not attended a State Drama Camp previously and need to extend their skills through a series of intensive workshops.
• This camp is not for students who are seeking their first experience in drama.
• Please note that numbers at camp are strictly limited. No more than SIX students per school will be given entry into the camp.
• Nominations for this camp will exceed places. Do not anticipate acceptance until you have had an email from The Arts Unit confirming your place.
• Preference will be given to staff members who are currently teaching the drama Preliminary & HSC Courses.
• The program covered all major aspects of drama and included workshop sessions by tutors from the Performing Arts Industry.
• These drama sessions included workshops in Set Design, Costume Design, Scriptwriting, Individual Performance, Circus, Physical Theatre/Devising, Script Interpretation Advanced Acting Skills, Voice & Accents.
• The emphasis at Camp is on active involvement, development of skills and enjoyment.
• Zeal Theatre Australia performed after dinner on Sunday 30 June 2019.
• Students attended "Things I Know To Be True" at the Belvoir Theatre on Tuesday 2 July 2019.
Workshops Choices and Tutors Biographies
• The cost of the camp does not include student travel to/from the camp.
• Please do not send payment until you have received notification of acceptance.
• Once payment has been made, there will be no refunds given due to student illness or misadventure.
• No refunds will be given to participants who withdraw from the camp.
• Cash will not be accepted.
• All prices include GST.
• Student Applications will open in April
• Teacher Applications will open in April
Participation Subsidy - Rural & Remote Schools
In 2019, as part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education and Communities' Rural and Remote Education blueprint for action, we were excited to be able to offer a Participation Subsidy of $100 to students from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Camp.