How to be Involved
The State Drama Camp is open for Year 11 Drama students in 2018 who attend a NSW Public School and their teachers. This camp is fully catered with a healthy menu and accommodation is in modern heated carpeted cabins/rooms.
Dates: Sunday 1 July to Thursday 5 July 2018 (inclusive)
Venue: Elanora Conference Centre
Cost: $550.00 Metro students OR $450.00 R&R students
• The cost does not include student travel to and from the camp. All prices include GST.
• Please do not send payment until you have received notification of acceptance.
• Once payment has been made, there will be no refunds given due to student illness or misadventure.
• No refunds will be given to participants who withdraw from the camp within SEVEN days of commencement.
• Cash will not be accepted.
How to Apply:
To apply for the 2018 State Drama Camp, interested students and teachers should complete the appropriate application forms below.
• Student Application Form DUE Monday 14 May 2018
• Teacher Application Form DUE Friday 13 April 2018
• Talented Year 11 Drama students who are currently studying drama at school, who have not attended a State Drama Camp previously and need to extend their skills through a series of intensive workshops.
• This camp is not for students who are seeking their first experience in drama.
• Please note that numbers at camp are strictly limited. No more than FOUR students per school will be given entry into the camp.
• Nominations for this camp will exceed places. Do not anticipate acceptance until you have had an email from The Arts Unit confirming your place.
• Preference will be given to staff members who are currently teaching the drama Preliminary & HSC Courses.
Workshops Synopses & Tutor Biographies:
Find out about the workshops choices and tutors biographies (TBC).
• The program will cover all major aspects of drama and will include workshop sessions by tutors from the Performing Arts Industry.
• These drama sessions includes workshops in Set Design, Costume Design, Scriptwriting, Individual Performance, Circus, Physical Theatre/Devising, Script Interpretation Advanced Acting Skills, Voice & Accents.
• The emphasis is on active involvement, development of skills and enjoyment.
• A performance of "The Stones" by Zeal Theatre will be perfomed after dinner on Sunday 1 July 2018.
• Students will attend "Bliss" at the Belvoir Theatre on Tuesday 3 July 2018.
Participation Subsidy - Rural & Remote Schools
As part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education and Communities' Rural and Remote Education blueprint for action, we are excited to be able to offer a Participation Subsidy of $100 to students from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Camp. Please note: If interest exceeds available funds, allocation of the Participation Subsidy will be prioritised based on remoteness. Eligable students will be notified of their subsidy with the Acceptance Package.
Further enquiries relating to the State Drama Camp should be directed to Jane Simmons or phone 8512 1175.
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page:
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Drama opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hut resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.