The commencement of the 2021 Drama programs will be contingent on advice provided by the NSW Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health.
Activities for all programs currently have to adhere to current DoE COVID-19 restrictions. Link to Department of Education latest information on COVID-19.
Each year the NSW Public School State Drama Camp is open for Year 11 Drama students and teachers who attend a NSW Public School. This camp is fully catered with a healthy menu and accommodation is in modern heated carpeted cabins/rooms at the Eleanora Heights Conference Centre.
2021 Application Forms:
• Student Applications to be advised
• Teacher Applications to be advised
For information on the 2019 State Drama Camp please see below.
The 2019 State Drama Camp was held from Sunday 30 June - Thursday 4 July 2019.
For full details see below:
Student and Staff Eligibility:
• Talented Year 11 Drama students who are currently studying drama at school, who have not attended a State Drama Camp previously and need to extend their skills through a series of intensive workshops.
• This camp is not for students who are seeking their first experience in drama.
• Please note that numbers at camp are strictly limited. No more than SIX students per school will be given entry into the camp.
• Preference will be given to staff members who are currently teaching the drama Preliminary & HSC Courses.
• The program covered all major aspects of drama and included workshop sessions by tutors from the Performing Arts Industry.
• These drama sessions included workshops in Set Design, Costume Design, Scriptwriting, Individual Performance, Circus, Physical Theatre/Devising, Script Interpretation Advanced Acting Skills, Voice & Accents.
• The emphasis at Camp is on active involvement, development of skills and enjoyment.
• Zeal Theatre Australia performed after dinner on Sunday 30 June 2019.
• Students attended "Things I Know To Be True" at the Belvoir Theatre on Tuesday 2 July 2019.
Workshops Choices and Tutors Biographies
• The cost of the camp does not include student travel to/from the camp.
• Please do not send payment until you have received notification of acceptance.
• Once payment has been made, there will be no refunds given due to student illness or misadventure.
• No refunds will be given to participants who withdraw from the camp.
• Cash will not be accepted.
• All prices include GST.
Participation Subsidy - Rural & Remote Schools
In 2019, as part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education s' Rural and Remote Education blueprint fro action we were excited to be able to offer a Participation Subsidy of $100 to students from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Camp.
For information on 2021 rural and remote partnerships and strategies please email Drama
Rural and Remote Education Strategy 2021-2024