The 2018 NSW Public Schools State Drama Ensemble provides students from Years 9, 10 & 11 with the opportunity to develop a work for a performance at the NSW Public Schools State Drama Festival. Places in this Ensemble are open to talented students who are currently attending a NSW public school.
Priority will be given to students from rural and remote schools. Students in metropolitan schools who do not currently attend a Weekly Drama Ensemble will also be able to audition.
There will be 2 intensive compulsory mid-week workshops held at The Arts Unit throughout the year:-
No 1: Term 3 - Monday 8 to Friday 12 October 2018 (inclusive) 10am-4pm
No 2: Term 4 - Wednesday 24 to Friday 26 October 2018 (inclusive)
These workshops are to develop new work that will be commissioned specifically for the Ensemble. The piece will then be performed as a part of the 2018 State Drama Festival (25 & 26 October).
By being a member of the 2018 NSW Public School State Drama Ensemble, all students will perform at the State Drama Festival (25 & 26 October) held at the Seymour Centre, Chippendale:-
• Thursday 25 October - 7.30pm Evening Performance
• Friday 26 October - 11.00am Matinee Performance
• Friday 26 October - 7.30pm Evening Performance
The ensemble fees cover the hire of regular tutors and industry professionals for intensive workshopping, a Drama Ensemble t-shirt, and the sourcing and supply of costumes for the State Drama Festival (all prices include GST). Students will need to cover the cost of their own travel and accommodation if needed:-
• Metropolitan/Non Metro Sydney $325.00
• Rural & Remote $225.00
Rural and Remote Subsidy:
As part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education Rural and Remote Education blueprint for action, we are excited to be able to offer a discounted rate (as above) to students from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Ensemble. Please note: If interest exceeds available funds, allocation of the Participation Subsidy will be prioritised based on remoteness. Successful subsidies will be confirmed with acceptance notification.
How to Apply: 2018 Applications are now CLOSED
1. Complete an online Application Form and Endorsement Form
2. Provide a headshot (school photo or passport); and
3. Email a YouTube link of yourself performing a 2-3 minute performance piece of your own choice
• Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org extended to Friday 10 August
• The Selection Panel will view all video auditions on Monday 13 August
• Students/parents will be notified of their success by Wednesday 15 August
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page:
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Drama opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hub resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.