Premier's Debating Challenge Information
The Premier’s Debating Challenge is open to NSW public schools, with age divisions for teams from Year 5 all the way up to Year 12. Teams entering the challenge compete in a round-robin series of debates against nearby schools, with the winners going on to compete at regional and state level to determine the eventual state champion.
For further information, including competition details, history, past winners or current draws of the individual age divisions please visit:
- Premier’s Debating Challenge
- The Premier's Debating Challenge for Years 11&12
- The Premier's Debating Challenge for Years 9&10
- The Premier's Debating Challenge for Years 7&8
- The Premier's Debating Challenge for Years 5&6
In addition to the Premier's Debating Challenge, The Arts Unit runs a number of other programs to provide opportunities for exceptional debaters in different age groups.
- The Combined High Schools debating team is open to government school students in Years 11&12 who compete in a series of debates against representative teams drawn from non-government schools.
- The Junior State Debating Championships take place over several days and involve teams of students in Years 9&10 from all ten regions.
- The Primary Schools State Debating Championships take place over several days and involve teams of students in Years 5&6 from all ten regions.