Activity for this program is temporarily suspended for the foreseeable future to support efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 and maintain the safety and well being of students and staff.
Link to Department of Education latest information on COVID-19.
How To Be Involved
The Arts Unit is again conducting a series of skills development workshops for interested drama students from Year 3-12. Students can choose one or two half-day workshops or a full day workshop, and will be led by specialist tutors from the performing arts industry.
Workshop Series Details
Sunday 24 May 2020
Sunday 31 May 2020
FULL DAY 10.30am - 3.15pm (45 minute lunch break)
How to Apply:
1. Complete the Online Booking Form
2. Fill out and return the School Endorsement Form
3. Pay via the Payment Portal
The Arts Unit - Cnr Toothill St & The Boulevard, Lewisham
FULL DAY $88.00 (incl GST)
Further details and what to bring/wear:
• Each workshop will be led by the same industry trained tutor.
• Workshops will be active, students must wear comfortable clothing.
• Students are required to be on The Arts Unit's premises for the duration of the workshops and lunch break.
• Please make sure your name is clearly marked on belongings and leave unnecessary valuables at home.
• Please bring water and plenty to eat for lunch. There is no cafe on site. Do not bring food containing nuts.
• Remember to HAVE FUN and meet new friends!
• The cost does not include student travel to and from the workshop, accommodation or meals.
• Once payment has been made, there will be no refunds given due to student illness or misadventure.
• No refunds will be given to participants who withdraw from the workshop within SEVEN days of commencement of that workshop.
• Cash will not be accepted.
• Once accepted students must abide by the Behaviour Code.
• To access the payment details for the subsidy please email
Participation Subsidy - Rural & Remote Schools
In 2020, as part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education and Communities' Rural and Remote Education blueprint for action, we were excited to be able to offer a Participation Subsidy of 25% the overall cost ($22) to students from rural and remote schools to participate in the Drama Skills Development Workshop.
To access the payment details for the subsidy please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page:
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Drama opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hub resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.