How To Be Involved
The Arts Unit is again conducting a series of skills development workshops for interested drama students from Year 3-12. Students can choose one workshop for the day, and will be led by specialist tutors from the performing arts industry.
2019 Student Drama Skills Development Workshops will be announced early in 2019
See below for details on the 2018 Workshop Series:
Applications are now CLOSED
Date Sunday 27 May 2018
Time 10.30am - 3.15pm (45 minute lunch break)
Venue The Arts Unit - Cnr Toothill St & The Boulevard, Lewisham
Cost $75.00 (incl GST)
Workshops Synopses & Tutor Biographies:
Click on the link to find out about the workshops choices and tutor biographies.
Further details and what to bring/wear:
• Each student will choose ONE workshop.
• Each workshop will be four hours duration.
• Each workshop will be scheduled as a 2 x 2 hour session.
• Each workshop will be led by the same industry trained tutor.
• Workshops will be active, students must wear comfortable clothing.
• Students are required to be on The Arts Unit's premises for the duration of the workshops and lunch break.
• Please make sure your name is clearly marked on belongings and leave unnecessary valuables at home.
• Please bring water and plenty to eat for lunch. There is no cafe on site. Do not bring food containing nuts.
• Remember to HAVE FUN and meet new friends!
• The cost does not include student travel to and from the workshop, accommodation or meals.
• Please do not send payment until you have received notification of acceptance.
• Once payment has been made, there will be no refunds given due to student illness or misadventure.
• No refunds will be given to participants who withdraw from the workshop within SEVEN days of commencement of that workshop.
• Cash will not be accepted.
How to Apply:
1. Complete an Endorsement Form due Tuesday 1 May.
2. Successful students will be emailed an Acceptance Package after Wednesday 2 May.
3. Acceptance Packages and full payment must be returned by Friday 18 May.
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page:
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Drama opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hub resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.