NSW Public Schools State Drama Camp
Applications open in April 2022.
Participants extend their skills through a series of intensive workshops with all major aspects of drama delivered by tutors from the performing arts industry. The emphasis at the camp is on active involvement, development of skills and enjoyment.
Workshops during the camp are led by industry specialists and exemplary teachers from NSW public schools. The camp is fully catered with a healthy menu and accommodation is in modern heated carpeted cabins and rooms at the Elenora Heights Conference Centre.
- The program covers all major aspects of drama and includes workshop sessions led by exemplary teachers and specialists from the performing arts industry.
- Workshops sessions offered include set design, costume design, scriptwriting, individual performance, circus, physical theatre, devising, script Interpretation, advanced acting skills, voice and accents.
- Active involvement, development of skills and enjoyment are key outcomes of participation at camp.
- Zeal Theatre Australia performs at State Drama Camp.
- Exemplary OnSTAGE students perform at State Drama Camp.
- Students will attend a professional theatrical production. In 2021 the production was Come From Away.
- High potential Year 11 drama students who are currently studying drama at a NSW public school, who have not attended a State Drama Camp previously and need to extend their skills through a series of intensive workshops.
- There is a limit of 6 students from each school.
- This camp is for students seeking to build on their current experiences in drama to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Applications for State Drama Camp Tutors will open in early 2022.
Preference for selection of tutors will be given to teachers who are currently teaching the Drama Preliminary and HSC courses.