Inclusive Dance Workshop for Teachers
Registrations have closed.
A two day accredited professional learning course aimed at developing skills in teaching dance and engaging students with additional learning needs. The program is is open to teachers from both NSW public and non-government schools.
Sessions are facilitated by industry professionals and Department of Education teachers with specialised skills.
2021 Sydney program
This program has concluded for 2021.
2021 regional programs
The 2021 regional programs are a 1 day face-to-face workshop (COVID-19 safe guidelines will be adhered to).
- Tuesday 13 July – Coffs Harbour (Coffs Harbour High School, Corner Edinburgh and Nile St)
- Tuesday 27 July – Dubbo (Bangamalanha Centre, Arthur St)
- Tuesday 3 August –Bathurst (Bathurst Education Office, 140 William St)
Registrations have closed. Applications close the week prior to the workshop.
Sessions are facilitated by industry professionals and Department of Education teachers with specialised skills. Sessions will focus on:
- Engaging students through movement, music and drama
- Creating choreography for students
- Using non-verbal communication, focusing on empowering and teaching students through performance, movement and gesture
- Playbuilding and characterisation.
Registered Professional Learning Hours
Completing the Disability Dance Teacher Workshop will contribute 10 hours of Accredited Professional Learning addressing standards 1.5.2, 4.1.2 & 6.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
Locations and Dates: TBC
Cost: $300.00 for government teachers and $500.00 for non-government teachers.