Applications for 2019 Primary Ensembles will open in OCTOBER 2018.
Membership is by audition and open to all students who will be in Years 5 & 6 in 2019 attending public schools in NSW. For further information of what is required at audition, please click on the link Audition Requirements.
Weekly Rehearsal Times
If you are successful in obtaining a position in the Drama Ensembles program, a full commitment to the year must be made. Successful students will attend weekly rehearsals at The Arts Unit:-
Primary Ensemble: Every Wednesday 5:00 - 6:00pm during school term
All ensemble students will be involved in a range of workshop activities leading to the State Drama Festival at The Seymour Centre (24-25 October 2019)
Fees cover hire of regular tutors and industry professionals for intensive workshopping, a Drama Ensemble t-shirt, and the sourcing and supply of costumes from professional designers for the State Drama Festival. Students will need to cover the costs of their own travel and accommodation if needed. All prices include GST:-
Primary Ensemble - $300
Open Auditions for new students will be held at The Arts Unit in Lewisham.
• Sunday 10 March 2019 10.00am-12noon OR 2.00pm-4.00pm (for new students ONLY)
Callback Auditions for returning 2018 ensemble students and successful first audition students, will be held in the afternoons at The Arts Unit in Lewisham.
• Wednesday 13 - Thursday 14 March 2019; 5.00-7.00pm
How to Apply
All students will need to complete the Online Application Form AND the Endorsement Form that will be available in October 2018.
• New students (and their parents/schools) will be emailed of their audition date for those selected for audition.
• Returning students go straight to Callback Audition, ie they do not need to attend the first audition date.
• Forms received after FRIDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2019 will not be accepted.
• A maximum of 12 nominations will be accepted from any one school.
• No preparation is required. The auditions will be in workshop format of warm-up, movement and improvisation skills.
• All students are to wear comfortable clothing and bring a bottle of water.
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Drama opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hub resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.