Arts Grants support major creative and performing arts activities at the local level.
- Major initiatives within the Networks and Community of Schools will be considered in the case of geographic isolation or specific need.
- Funding is provided on an annual basis only. Funding should not be anticipated because of previous financial support.
- In order to support as many applications as possible a maximum grant amount may be considered by the Local Arts Council during the assessment process.
- All programs must have an income component
- Funding is not available for Individual schools or components of state coordinated activities by The Arts Unit and Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW. For example; State Festivals, Competitions, Schools Spectacular and other arts events, programs or activities.
The Coordinators Handbook supports staff with current Department of Education policies, procedures and rates to plan for and implement funded programs.