Please ensure that the section indicating a student’s current instrument and standard is completed and that this accurately reflects the student’s ability. This will assist in making the selection process as fair as possible.
Nomination is the first step and all applications are subject to review by the selection panel. If no instrument standard is indicated on the application form it is difficult for the panel to make a fair assessment of the student’s suitability for camp. As a guide, third grade AMEB or equivalent is the minimum standard required for camp.
Every attempt will be made to select an equal distribution of students. There are, however, limited places in the instrumental ensembles due to the individual requirements of each ensemble. As a result, only a small number of guitarists and pianists can be accepted to camp.
We are particularly interested in expanding the vocal and string sections of the camp and encourage more vocalists and string players to apply.
- Nominations close on Friday 6 May 2016.
- The selection process will be finalised by Thursday 12 May 2016.
- All student notification emails will be issued by Friday 13 May 2016.
- Unsuccessful students may be placed on a waiting list and second round offers may be made in late May/early June.
Please note in 2016 The Arts Unit will be using online applications only.
- Nominees are required to complete and submit the online application form below
- Schools will be contacted after the closing date and will be asked to support your application.
- School Principal and parent signatures will be obtained as part of the student acceptance package. This will be sent to successful applicants following your letter of offer.
All communication is via email; please ensure you have entered your email address correctly.
Fees for the 2016 State Music Camps are $590.00 (including GST) per student per camp. Do not send payment with your application. Payment information will be issued upon acceptance. Students attending Rural and Remotes Schools may be entitled to a subsidy of $250 to attend State Music Camp.