The Home Program is a visual arts project that brings together school in Wiradjuri and Kamilaroi/Gamilaroi language areas to engage with the Art Gallery of NSW, the collections of regional art galleries across NSW and local Aboriginal community and culture. Specialist education support is provided by the NSW Department of Education for teachers and schools throughout the duration of this program. Through participation teachers and students develop an understanding of nationally recognised and local Aboriginal art practice, language and culture.
This program provides:
- Teacher and student workshops at a local regional gallery
- Visual arts resources to help with implementing the program
- Virtual excursions to the Art Gallery of NSW
- Participation in an exhibition at a local regional gallery
- A rural and remote subsidy allocation of $500.00 to support your participation
What you will need to provide:
- Relief to cover teacher's attendance at the teachers professional learning workshop at regional gallery
- Art materials required at school to complete program
- Commitment to using an online platform as a communication channel for the duration of the program
- Assistance with participation of class in the virtual art making lesson and virtual excursion
- Transport of students to local art gallery for a tour and practical workshop and later in Term 4 for the exhibition opening
- Prepare and deliver your student's artwork to the regional gallery for the exhibition.
On-Line Expressions of Interest Form
When information is complete scroll down to the bottom of the page and select submit.