This Friday June 21 is Make Music Day
Make Music Day is an international celebration of live music that happens on 21 June every year, in over 800 cities in 125 countries. Anyone and everyone is invited to join the festival – to play music, host a performance or participate as an audience member. All genres, all ages, all abilities and all are welcome.
You can create your own Make Music Day event at your school. You could:
- Hold a lunchtime concert
- Preparing a musical performance? Give the assembly a sneak peak of your work by performing one or two numbers from the show
- Serenade the morning drop-off with a saxophone solo
- Beatbox in the lunch queue
- Have open rehearsals for band or choir practice – invite your classmates along to see what goes on behind the scenes
- Organise a ‘try out the instruments’ hour in the music room
- Your school band performs in a local park, shopping centre or at an Aged Care facility
To find out more, for resources and to register you event – large or small - please go to the website
www.makemusicaustralia.org.au and be part of this international celebration of music!