There are a number of mentoring opportunities for interested Drama Teachers in Public Schools NSW. Nominating teachers will have a passion for being part of events such as Festivals or Camps and are prepared to take their newfound experiences to develop and coordinate drama events in their local area.
Teachers can apply to be mentored in the following events:-
- State Drama Camp - Positions are available for teachers to attend, observe, learn and be mentored by teachers an tutors at the State Drama Camp (25-29 June 2017). Successful applicants will need to make their way to and from the Elanora Heights venue. Priority will be given to applicants from Regional & Remote Schools.
- Drama Ensembles - Teachers can observe and be mentored by current NSW Public Schools State Drama Ensembles teacher tutors and watch the process of devised student works that lead into the State Drama Festival. Successful applicants will participant in a half-day professional learning session on the process of auditioning, planning, process and product of the Ensembles program with the Drama Performance Officer. Afterwards, from 5-7pm, teachers will observe the Ensemble program in action. Participants will also be required to attend two additional evening ensemble rehearsals throughout the year as well as a one day at the State Drama Festival in October.
COST - Casual relief will be provided where necessary. Staff will be expected to cover all transport costs as well as any accommodation expenses for non-residential events.
- Sound understanding of the depth and scope of the arts-related role.
- Demonstrated capacity to work at a level that supports and extends complementary school and area activities.
- Demonstrated involvement in facilitating related planning and organisational structures, reflecting a proactive and visionary approach.
- Highly motivated and a desire to extend personal knowledge and skills.
For teachers accredited at Professional Competence, completion of either of these programs will contribute 15 hours towards Institute Registered professional development.
Applications are now OPEN all forms are due Friday 28 April 2017
Further enquiries relating to the Drama Teacher Mentoring Program should be directed to Jane Simmons or phone 8512 1175.
Don’t forget you can join The Arts Unit on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit to receive program news, updates and information, as well as share pictures and videos from all our latest events and workshops.