Develop knowledge and skills in the basic technical elements of lighting.
- explore elements of electricity and safety when working with lighting
- identify the basic principles of a lighting system and equipment
- experience stage lighting procedures, processes and documentation
- discover colour mixing and basic lighting design
- apply knowledge and understanding of production lighting elements
- complete a lighting design and operate the lighting for a production.
Entertainment Industry Curriculum Framework - Stage 6 Syllabus
- demonstrates knowledge of lighting equipment and accessories used in the entertainment industry
- demonstrates an understanding of techniques used to plot and operate lighting cues
- interprets documentation and applies this information to set up and operate lighting equipment to meet production requirements
- describes the relationship between lighting and other technical and creative aspects of live performances and events
- applies the troubleshooting process to solve common faults and problems in lighting equipment and operations.