Explore the world of dinosaurs through creative arts.
This is a series of 3 lessons exploring the world of dinosaurs.
Students will learn to:
explore elements of dance and drama to create characters
perform a dance by following actions and instructions
develop coordination skills through movement and actions
create a dinosaur-themed artwork.
- Explore elements of dance and drama to take on characters
- Perform a dance by following actions and instructions.
- Develop coordination skills through movement and actions.
- Create an artwork using a given theme.
- Create a musical landscape including noises they believe a dinosaur would make
- Create a mini musical composition using instruments found in the kitchen
Early Stage 1
- DAES1.1 Participates in dance activities and demonstrates an awareness of body parts, control over movement and expressive qualities
- DAES1.2 Explores movement in response to a stimulus to express ideas, feelings or moods
- DRAES1.1 Uses imagination and the elements of drama in imaginative play and dramatic situations.
- VAES1.1 Makes simple pictures and other kinds of artworks about things and experiences.
- MUES1.1 Participates in simple speech, singing, playing and moving activities, demonstrating an awareness of musical concepts.
- DAS1.1 Performs dances demonstrating expressive qualities and control over a range of locomotor and non-locomotor movement
- DAS1.2 Explores and selects movement using the elements of dance to make dance express ideas, feelings or moods
- DRAS1.2 Conveys story, depicts events and expresses feelings by using the elements of drama and the expressive skills of movement and voice. Explores, creates, selects and organises sound in simple structures.
- VAS1.1 Makes artworks in a particular way about experiences of real and imaginary things.
- MUS1.2 Explores, creates, selects and organises sound in simple structures.