Deep diving into definitions
Learn more about definitions from the negative team’s perspective.
- review definitions
- adapt arguments to suit the definition
- explain the flaws in a definition
- complete a definition lacking detail.
English K-10 Syllabus
- EN3-1A: communicates effectively for a variety of audiences and purposes using increasingly challenging topics, ideas, issues and language forms and features.
- EN3-3A: uses an integrated range of skills, strategies and knowledge to read, view and comprehend a wide range of texts in different media and technologies.
- EN3-7C: thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information and ideas and identifies connections between texts when responding to and composing texts.
- EN4-1A: responds to and composes texts for understanding, interpretation, critical analysis, imaginative expression and pleasure.
- EN4-4B: makes effective language choices to creatively shape meaning with accuracy, clarity and coherence.
- EN4-5C: thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information, ideas and arguments to respond to and compose texts.