Learn how to speak with confidence in a debate.
- explore strategies for improving manner
- reflect on themselves as speakers
- improvise with public speaking games
- develop their persuasive speaking skills.
English K-10 Syllabus
- EN3-1A: communicates effectively for a variety of audiences and purposes using increasingly challenging topics, ideas, issues and language forms and features.
- EN3-2A: composes, edits and presents well-structured and coherent texts.
- EN3-7C: thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information and ideas and identifies connections between texts when responding to and composing texts.
- EN3-9E: recognises, reflects on and assesses their strengths as a learner.
- EN4-4B: makes effective language choices to creatively shape meaning with accuracy, clarity and coherence.
- EN4-5C: thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information, ideas and arguments to respond to and compose texts.
- EN4-9E: uses, reflects on and assesses their individual and collaborative skills for learning.