Use autumn leaves as a stimulus to engage in creative and performing arts.
- collect leaves to use as artworks
- create artworks inspired by autumn leaves
- draw leaves and use various applications for colour and texture.
- copy movements inspired by falling autumn leaves
- create own dance movements
- listen to music to create movements inspired by the music and falling autumn leaves.
- learn a basic melody to autumn leaves
- play the melody on an instrument or music program
- sing the words to the melody
Early Stage 1
- VAES1.1: Makes simple pictures and other kinds of artworks about things and experiences.
- VAES1.2: Experiments with a range of media in selected forms.
- MUES1.1: Participates in simple speech, singing, playing and moving activities, demonstrating an awareness of musical concepts.
- MUES1.2: Creates own rhymes, games, songs and simple compositions.
- MUES1.4: Listens to and responds to music.
- DAES1.1: Participates in dance activities and demonstrates an awareness of body parts, control over movement and expressive qualities.
- DAES1.2: Explores movement in response to a stimulus to express ideas, feelings or moods
- VAS1.1: Make artworks in a particular way about experiences of real and imaginary things.
- VAS1.2: Use the forms to make artworks according to varying requirements.
- MUS1.1: Sings, plays and moves to a range of music, demonstrating an awareness of musical concepts.
- MUS1.2: Explores, creates, selects and organises sound in simple structures.
- MUS1.3: Uses symbol systems to represent sounds.
- MUS1.4: Responds to a range of music, expressing likes and dislikes and the reasons for these choices.
- DAS1.1: Performs dances demonstrating expressive qualities and control over a range of locomotor and non-locomotor movement.
- DAS1.2: Explores and selects movement using the elements of dance to make dance express ideas, feelings or moods