Examining an artist’s practice
Examining the link between the artist’s world and their practice.
This resource is designed to support Stage 6 visual arts students examining the link between the artist’s world and their practice by investigating unseen art works.
Students will explore one of Lachlan Warner’s sculptural artworks and examine its relationship with his spirituality and practice. They will respond to questions about the relationship between the artist, his artwork and his world.
Your students will:
- watch the videos and record notes
- analyse the relationship between Lachlan Warner’s artworks, artmaking practice and his view of the world
- apply their understanding and express a point of view in short written responses
- refine written responses based on teacher feedback.
Visual Arts Stage 6 Syllabus
- H7: applies their understanding of practice in art criticism and art history.
- H8: applies their understanding of the relationships among the artist, artwork, world and audience.
- H9: demonstrates an understanding of how the frames provide for different orientations to critical and historical investigations of art.