How To Be Involved
Registration CLOSES Friday 30 March 2018
The Choreographic Workshop for Primary and Secondary Teachers is a MyPL Registered Course delivering high quality, professional learning and is accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). The workshop caters for dance teachers with a wide variety of experience in dance from beginner to advanced and aims to develop teachers’ skills in choreography and in analysis of compositional elements. The workshops will include practical activities, choreographic exploration and a teacher’s forum with industry professionals.
• Government Teachers - please apply through MyPL on the Staff Portal (or click on the links below).
Primary Teachers Choreographic Workshop
Secondary Teachers Choreographic Workshop
• Non Government Teachers - please email email@example.com to register.
• Primary Teachers - Thursday 5 April 2018 and/or
• Secondary Teachers - Friday 6 April 2018
• Government Teachers $100.00 (including GST) per workshop
• Non Government Teachers $200.00 (including GST) per workshop
Sydney Dance Company Studios, Pier 4, Hickson Road, Walsh Bay
• Primary Teachers - RG00228
• Secondary Teachers - RG00227
Participants will develop an understanding of...
• The dance syllabus in relation to choreography
• The elements of composition
• The processes and methods involved in the construction of a dance composition
• Skills involved in composition and choreography
• A sense of integrity in the development of dance items for public performance
• An understanding of the effects of lighting, sound, costuming and use of props in dance performance
• An understanding of dance as an art form
Participants will be able to...
• Understand the compositional process
• Experience a variety of approaches to dance composition
• Manipulate the elements of composition
• Explore a range of dance ideas and accompaniments
• Demonstrate a creative response to choreography
Further enquiries relating to the Teachers Choreographic Workshops should be directed to Allie Gunton or phone 8512 1178.
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page:
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Dance opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hub resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.