Activity for this program is temporarily suspended for the foreseeable future to support efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 and maintain the safety and well being of students and staff.
Link to Department of Education latest information on COVID-19.
The Choreographic Workshop for Primary and Secondary Teachers is a MyPL Registered Course delivering high quality, professional learning and is accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). The workshop caters for dance teachers with a wide variety of experience in dance from beginner to advanced and aims to develop teachers’ skills in choreography and in analysis of compositional elements. The workshops will include practical activities, choreographic exploration and a teacher’s forum with industry professionals.
Primary Teachers Workshop date TBC
Secondary Teachers Workshop date TBC
Non Government Teachers please email us to register.
Government Teachers $100 (incl GST) per workshop
Non Government Teachers $200 (incl GST) per workshop
Sydney Dance Company Studios, Pier 4, Hickson Road, Walsh Bay
Participants will develop an understanding of...
• The dance syllabus in relation to choreography
• The elements of composition
• The processes and methods involved in the construction of a dance composition
• Skills involved in composition and choreography
• A sense of integrity in the development of dance items for public performance
• An understanding of the effects of lighting, sound, costuming and use of props in dance performance
• An understanding of dance as an art form
Participants will be able to...
• Understand the compositional process
• Experience a variety of approaches to dance composition
• Manipulate the elements of composition
• Explore a range of dance ideas and accompaniments
• Demonstrate a creative response to choreography
• Primary Teachers - RG00228
• Secondary Teachers - RG00227
Further enquiries relating to the Teacher Choreographic Workshop should be emailed to the Dance Team or phone (02) 8512 11798
The Arts Unit Website & Facebook Page:
To stay up-to-date with student and teacher Dance opportunities provided by The Arts Unit, check the website regularly and follow our Facebook page for program updates, events, new Arts Unit Learning Hub resources and opportunities www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit.