Applications for 2017 are now CLOSED
Membership is by audition and open to all students from Years 5 & 6 in 2017 currently attending public schools in NSW. For further information of what is required at audition, please click on the link Audition Requirements.
• Open Auditions: Sunday 19 March 2017 10.00am-12noon OR 2.00pm-4.00pm (for new students)
• Callback Auditions: Years 5 & 6 Thursday 23 March 2017; 5.00-7.00pm
How to Apply
New Students: Please complete the Audition Booking Form AND the Endorsement Form
Returning Students: Please complete the Endorsement Form
• New students (and their parents/schools) will be emailed of their audition date for those selected for audition
• Returning students go straight to Callback Audition (ie they do not need to attend the first audition date)
• Forms received after FRIDAY 10 MARCH 2017 will not be accepted
• A maximum of 12 nominations will be accepted from any one school
Weekly Rehearsal Times
If you are successful in obtaining a position to the Drama Ensembles program, a full commitment to the year must be made. Successful students will attend weekly rehearsals at The Arts Unit:-
• Primary Ensemble: Every Wednesday 5.00-6.30pm during school term
First Meeting: Wednesday 3 May 2017
All ensemble students will be involved in a range of workshop activities leading to the State Drama Festival at The Seymour Centre (26-27 October)
Fees cover hire of regular tutors and industry professionals for intensive workshopping, a Drama Ensemble t-shirt, and the sourcing and supply of costumes from NIDA graduate designers for the State Drama Festival. Students will need to cover the costs of their own travel and accommodation if needed. All prices include GST:-
• Primary Ensemble - $270
Further enquiries relating to the Primary Drama Ensembles should be directed to Jane Simmons or phone 8512 1175.
Don’t forget you can join The Arts Unit on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit to receive program news, updates and information, as well as share pictures and videos from all our latest events and workshops.