The State Drama Camp is open for Year 11 Drama students in 2017 who attend a NSW Public School and their teachers. This camp is fully catered with a health menu and accommodation is in modern heated carpeted cabins/room. Details as follows:-
Dates: Sunday 25 June - Thursday 29 June 2017 (inclusive)
Venue: Elanora Conference Centre
Cost: $450.00 Metropolitan students (incl GST) OR $350.00 *Rural & Remote students (incl GST)
To apply for the 2017 State Drama Camp, interested students and teachers should complete the appropriate application forms below
Student Application Form - due Monday 15 May 2017
Teacher Application Form - due Monday 3 April 2017
• The program will cover all major aspects of drama and will include workshop sessions by tutors from the Performing Arts Industry.
• These drama sessions includes workshops in Acting Skills, Characterisation, Circus Skills/Clowning, Comedy, Mask Work, Movement, Script Interpretation, Script Writing, Directing, Improvisation, Puppetry, Stage Management, Voice Skills and Street Theatre.
• The emphasis is on active involvement, development of skills and enjoyment.
• Participants will also have the opportunity to attend "Kinky Boots" at the Capitol Theatre on Tuesday 27 June 2017.
• Talented Year 11 Drama students who are currently studying drama at school, who have not attended a State Drama Camp previously and need to extend their skills through a series of intensive workshops. This camp is not for students who are seeking their first experience in drama.
• Please note that numbers at camp are strictly limited. No more than four students per school will be given entry into the camp. Nominations for this camp will exceed places. Do not anticipate acceptance until you have had an email from The Arts Unit confirming your place.
• Preference will be given to staff members who are currently teaching the drama Preliminary & HSC Courses.
*Participation Subsidy - Rural & Remote Schools
As part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education and Communities' Rural and Remote Education blueprint for action, we are excited to be able to offer a Participation Subsidy of $150 to students from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Camp. Please note: If interest exceeds available funds, allocation of the Participation Subsidy will be prioritised based on remoteness. Eligable students will be notified of their subsidy with the Acceptance Package.
Further enquiries relating to the State Drama Camp should be directed to Jane Simmons or phone 8512 1175.
Don’t forget you can join The Arts Unit on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit to receive program news, updates and information, as well as share pictures and videos from all our latest events and workshops.