Teachers Choreographic Workshop for the Primary & High School Teachers
Applications for 2017 are now CLOSED
The Teachers Choreographic Workshop is a MyPL Registered Course delivering high quality, professional learning and is accredited by the Board of Studies Teacher Education Standards. The workshop caters for dance teachers with a wide variety of experience in dance from beginner to advanced and aims to develop teachers’ skills in choreography and in analysis of compositional elements. The workshops will include practical activities, choreographic exploration and a teacher’s forum with industry professionals.
Please apply through MyPL on the Staff Portal (or click on the link below)
• Primary Teachers https://myplsso.education.nsw.gov.au/q/RG00228
• Secondary Teachers https://myplsso.education.nsw.gov.au/q/RG00227
Primary Teachers - Thursday 16 March 2017 OR Secondary Teachers - Friday 17 March 2017
Primary Teachers - RG00228 OR Secondary Teachers - RG00227
Government Teachers $100.00 (including GST) OR Non Government Teachers $200.00 (including GST)
Sydney Dance Company Studios, Pier 4, Hickson Road, Walsh Bay
Participants will develop an understanding of...
• The dance syllabus in relation to choreography
• The elements of composition
• The processes and methods involved in the construction of a dance composition
• Skills involved in composition and choreography
• A sense of integrity in the development of dance items for public performance
• An understanding of the effects of lighting, sound, costuming and use of props in dance performance
• An understanding of dance as an art form
Participants will be able to...
• Understand the compositional process
• Experience a variety of approaches to dance composition
• Manipulate the elements of composition
• Explore a range of dance ideas and accompaniments
• Demonstrate a creative response to choreography
Further enquiries relating to the Teachers Choreographic Workshops should be directed to Joanne Gilmour or phone 8512 1178. Don’t forget you can join The Arts Unit on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheArtsUnit to receive program news, updates and information, as well as share pictures and videos from all our latest events and workshops.